Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Gordy's Half Marathon

On the morning of General Conference, Gordy got up early and ran a half marathon. He ran the entire thing in about the same time it took me to get both boys up, fed and dressed, and parked at the finish line, which was 2:08. 

I can't believe he can run 13.1 miles that fast. It would literally take me all day long to do that. I also can't believe that it takes me that long to get somewhere with two kids. Aye, aye.

I am so proud of Gordy for accomplishing this goal. Running any race is more about all of the hours and hours you spend training your body than it is about the actual race day. He's spent lots of hours preparing and he did a great job.

This year, Gordy ran with our friend Adam for some of the way. They also did a lot of their training together. 

It was a bitterly cold day, and I showed up to the race with the boys and I dressed in shorts and flip flops. It was an epic fail. We were miserably cold waiting for Gordy to cross the finish line, but it was totally worth it. Jack yelled, "Go, Dad, GOOOO".








No comments:

Post a Comment