Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Halloween

Of course, when I asked Jack what he would like to be for Halloween this year, he replied, a LONGNECK DINOSAUR! Well great. How am I going to pull that one off?

I came up with a plan, and got to work. I drafted rough patterns for their costumes and then make little mittens and feet coverings for their shoes. I also made a long neck attachment for Jack's costume, but ended up not using it because I think it would just have been too uncomfortable for a two year old to wear all night. He didn't seem to mind though, being a dinosaur was good enough for him. 

Our ward Halloween party was our at Sandy Shoaf's farm. The boys looked so cute in their costumes. It was a cold evening, and I really layered the boys up underneath their dinosaur outfits. Their little arms and legs ended up looking like stuffed sausages.

Jack was so thrilled to be a dinosaur, and surprisingly, Charlie walked around the entire night yelling "RAWR!!" which is really out of character for my shy little guy. It was oh so cute though. 

I was also astonished that the boys kept their entire costumes on all night, feet, mittens, tails, and everything. Shocked really.







 










It was a fun night filled with dinner, bon fire, games, and trunk or treating. 



No comments:

Post a Comment