Friday, May 18, 2012

Second Level II Ultrasound



Gordy went to Utah to attend the funeral services for his grandmother who passed away. So, because all of our friends were busy moving/getting their summers started my mom and dad decided to come for a short visit to help me with Jack and to help me pack while Gordy was gone in Utah.

My mom came first on Wednesday, so that she could be with me to help with Jack at my doctor’s appointment in Indianapolis. Man, oh man, I was so glad to have her help. In the past two weeks alone we have had ELEVEN doctor’s appointments. We’ve had doctors coming out of our ears…

Anyway, mom was there to help me with Jack, which was great… especially when Jack started to have a mild panic attack when the ultra sound technician put the wand on my belly.

 We started the ultrasound anyway, and right away- surprise, surprise, baby number two is STILL a boy (he’s never been very modest).  




I reminded the technician that we were there to check on the baby’s choroid plexus cyst (a cyst, located in his brain, which consists of spinal fluid. And was found during the first level two ultrasound). She did a through scan of his brain and could not find the cyst anywhere. She then brought in the doctor who checked for it. She was also unable to find the cyst…. Which means… that the cyst DISAPPEARED! Good news for us! I was really happy to get that news, even though the cyst was benign and would not have caused any problems whatsoever. It’s still a teensy bit scary to think about a cyst being in your baby’s brain. As you may recall from School House Rock, the brain, the brain is the center of the chain…. And that’s something you just don’t want to mess with.







We were then able to get some of the fun ultrasound pictures done, like the baby’s profile shots. Those are the cutest don’t you think? When you can see their little noses and lips. Darling. We tried to get a shot of his face using the 3D ultrasound, but it didn’t really work out. This is the second time we’ve tried and both times he hides his face… I guess he wants his big reveal to be a surprise. Haha.




After the ultrasound, my mom, Jack, and I had to kill some time waiting for dad’s plane to land. Mom took us shopping at the mall in downtown Indy. I had such a fun time. It’s been way too long since I’ve been shopping with my mom.

Then it was off to the air port to pick up dad, and then lunch at Shapiro’s Deli. Then another hour drive home.

It was quite the busy day, and with all of that going on, plus getting ready to move, I completely and totally spaced my last OB appointment in Bloomington. I felt like such a dum-dum. I was supposed to get my results from my glucose screening, and my doctor was going to be out of town for the entire following week. Bummer.

…but the lady at the front desk did tell me that my results were high and that Dr. Crooke wanted me to go to a dietary clinic, which, by the way, she says is only offered on Fridays and it is too late to register you for this week’s class. Bummer again. I’m moving this weekend. Thanks for making me worry and then not giving me any real actual information, front desk lady. You are the best (sike).

So anywho, I might or might not have gestational diabetes. I guess at this point no one really knows….? Least of all me. So, until I can get in to see my new doctor at the end of this month, I’m just trying to do what the google tells me… a diet of low sugar, low carbs, and high in protein. It’s also weird to have to eat every two hours… oh well. 

1 comment:

  1. You either do or do not have GD. They can't tell you that your levels are a little high. That's like being "a little pregnant," which as we both know is not possible.

    Eating a protein-rich diet, though, is always a good thing for pregnancy. If you didn't take the 3 hour test, and they don't want you to take the 3 hour test, you don't have GD.

    Heard of the Brewer diet? Might be a good place to start, if you're looking for a protein-rich pregnancy diet. I swear by it, though I'm far from the model of perfect pregnancy eating.

    Don't worry. I'm guessing you're just fine.

    ReplyDelete