Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Charlie 4 Months


Charlie is FOUR months old! Time is sure flying around here these days. Feels like he was just born two weeks ago, yet it's difficult to remember what our family was like before Charlie.

Here's what Charlie has been up to this month...

Stats:

Height:
Weight:
Head:


Charlie is still a really mellow baby. He has his moments, like all babies do, but for the most part he is calm and sweet. He is usually perfectly content sitting in his bumbo and watching a movie with Jack or simply watching the goings on of our home.



Charlie did his first real laugh this past month, he laughed while Jack and I were singing the ABC's to him. It was so cute. Now, he laughs if I tickle his collar bone. Well, actually, he makes a noise that is laugh-like... but I don't think he's decided on if it's actually funny or not.



This month, Charlie has become SO interested in Jack. If Jack sits and talks to Charlie, he'll just coo and smile right back at him. Charlie lights up when he notices Jack. It makes my heart melt to watch them interact with each other. I just know that they are going to be best buds.



Charlie has started intentionally grabbing things this month. He particularly likes to hold those plastic rings that hook onto each other and he loves pulling his binky out of his mouth. I've even caught him transferring toys from one hand to another. Of course, anything he gets his hands on goes straight to the mouth.



He is SO close to being able to roll from his tummy to his back. He can kick himself all the way over onto his side, but he just hasn't figured out how to move that arm out from underneath himself so that he flips completely over.



Charlie had his first real sickness this month, a pretty terrible cold. Man, oh man, he was so pathetic. There is nothing worse than a baby who is sick and won't/can't eat... It's so heartbreaking. He sick for pretty much half of this month, and if he wasn't sick, then I was sick, or Jack was sick. It's a wonder that I had any time at all to watch him and notice his development with all of the sickness that was going on around here this month.



Charlie is SO incredibly easy to put to sleep. Stick him in his car seat, and he's out in two minutes flat. He's still waking up to eat at about 3:30 AM and 6 AM and most days, he takes short power naps of about 30 minutes or less. We're working on trying to remedy that. It's probably mostly my fault because I still haven't put him on a schedule yet.... I guess I'm just not ready to give up my freedom and he seems pretty content to sleep in the car seat while I run my errands. It's been working up til now, but I'm feeling a change coming on soon.... a routine is on the horizon for us.



Charlie has developed a lot of neck control this month. Typically, I can hold him up on my shoulder with a little support on his back. He still swings his head back uncontrollably every once and a while, but he's definitely getting stronger.




I think he's starting to develop an interest in food. He's been eyeing my water bottles and lunch lately, but he still has a pretty strong thrusting tongue reflex, so it's going to be a while yet before he starts on rice cereal.




Charlie isn't going to win the best hair contest any time soon... Still just peach fuzz up there. He pulls off the bald look nicely though, don't ya think?



He still loves cooing and blowing raspberries. Sometimes, when I sing to him, he'll kind of do this humming type noise along with me.





I seriously love this kid. He really is so sweet and mellow and never really causes us any trouble. I think that he's probably going to be the peace keeper of the family.





No comments:

Post a Comment