Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall Break

Wow, what a week. Gordy spent the last three days in Utah doing some recruiting for the law school/ job hunting/ visit his family. The plan was for the boys and I to go with him, but the plane filled up last minute.... That's the trouble with flying standby. Gotta be willing to be flexible and not too disappointed if plans don't work out. 



That left me at home, by myself, with Jack and Charlie for three days. Aye, aye, aye. I'll tell ya, it was a rough three days. I have a whole new respect for single parents. On day one, some one replaced my angle of a baby with a screaming banshee. AND he was nursing like every five minutes. It was insane. I don't know if that kid hit a growth spurt or what was the problem, but he was not pleasant. That night, Jack woke up FOUR times. Come to find out in the morning he was waking up because he had a cold. Lovely. So, day two was a bust. Luckily, the Rickey's invited us over for dinner. It really helped to have someone cook for me. It was lovely. On day three, I had to take both boys to the pediatrician for shots. You know how that goes... shots and babies don't mix. 

To say that I was ready to have my husband back would be an understatement. 

Unfortunately for Gordy, his traveling home didn't go so well. He took the shuttle back to Bloomington. When he pulled into town it was midnight and pour rain. Only to find out that our car, which he left in the shuttle parking lot, had a completely flat tire. Like sitting on the ground kinda flat. My poor weary traveler. 





No comments:

Post a Comment