Monday, October 8, 2012

Hoosiers Outrun Cancer

I ran my first 5K (since having Charlie)!  I originally signed up to walk it, so I could push the boys, but since my parents were in town, they took the boys so I could run with Gordy. 

It was a little chilly, so we had Charlie all bundled up. 


Here we are, waiting for our friends to join us before the race began.



I got an extra child-sized shirt and sewed it onto a onesie, so Charlie could match the rest of the family. After all, nobody likes to be left out.


Our little family of four, before the race began.


There are literally, thousands and thousands of people who come out to run this thing. Cancer research is really a cause so many people can get behind because cancer touches the lives of so many people. It is so neat to feel the love and support and energy at a race like this.


This little beauty comes to you courtesy of the digital age. You can't go anywhere or do anything without the risk of having your picture taken. I look like I might collapse at any second in this picture. But, running an entire 5k at 6 weeks post partum merits looking like I can't catch my breath, don't ya think?



So I snapped a pic of Gordy too. It was only fair right? Look how fast he's going! haha.

In all seriousness, Gord is the best running partner known to man. He keeps things light hearted, and he's super encouraging too. Without him, I would have stopped to walk a mile into the race. I bet you guys wish you had a best friends as amazing as Gordy...



Meanwhile, Jack and Charlie were hanging out with Gramma and Grandpa at the finish line...



Here is our little Bloomington Law School family. We love them, and I was so glad that they all decided to join in on the race day fun this year too.


Walking back to the car, Grandpa and Jack had a little race of their own in the stroller.


Afterwards, we all went out to eat at Five Guys... I figured we burned to many calories at the race and needed to pack some calories back on as quickly as possible.

I think it's safe to say that we all had a really fun time at Hoosier Outrun Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment