Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break in Florida

As soon as we woke from our slumber, and when I say slumber, I mean I slept like a bear hibernates, we went down stairs to find the boys bathed and fed and grinning ear to ear with excitement.

These boys love their grandparents so much.

Can I just take a moment to mention the weather. Ahhhh, the weather.... That Florida sunshine and 72 degree weather was like fuel for my soul. There is something so wonderful about going home and basking in the love, and friendship, and familiar sights and sounds, and the sunshine. I found myself just finding some place to sit down outside, tilt my face into the sunshine, and just be still for a minute. It was blissful. Just remembering makes me want to shed a little tear.





Anyway, onto the fun stuff. Being at my parent's house was a pretty much as good as being at a theme park for these two boys. Their days were filled with rides on the lawn mower, rides on the golf cart, going down the slide, running with the grass, and swimming in Gramma and Grandpa's big tub.












It is only a slight exaggeration when I say they were in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment