Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Baby #2



My first prenatal appointment for baby numero dos was scheduled for February 2nd. I was ecstatic of course, but also anxious for our appointment because we have had a history that involves first appointments gone very, very wrong. Needless to say, we were very anxious to get to our appointment and hear the whirring, pitter-patter of a teeny tiny heart beating, so we could finally let our friends and family know that we are going to be expanding our family.

I was also sad too... My parents and Adam planned a trip to Puerto Rico for the same weekend, but I decided that I couldn't go... Not only because I didn't want to further postpone my doctors appointment, but also I couldn't imagine making all of the flights there, dealing with Jack by myself, and fighting the urge to ralph all over the plane. So anyway, I was sad.

I decided to skype with my parents and Adam for a few minutes, just as they were landing, and before I headed out the door for my appointment. As I was chatting away, putting on my shoes, suddenly, the background on the skype screen came into focus... my parents and my brother surprised me and showed up at my apartment instead of going to Puerto Rico! It really made my day. No, my week, or maybe my month... we had a wonderful weekend visit. My mom changed every diaper while she was here. Such a relief to my nose, and stomach to not have to worry about a poppy diaper for a few days.

Anyway, we went to our appointment and heard the baby's heartbeat immediately. A wave of relief, like you would not believe, washed over us. We even got to have an early ultrasound of the baby (yay for even more reassurances)! It never gets old watching your baby move around on an ultrasound screen... You occasionally get these moments in pregnancy that make all of the sickness and suffering worth it. To hear your baby's heartbeat for the first time is definitely one of those moments.



We were so excited to finally share our wonderful news with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment