Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Valentine's Day

Gordy and I opted for a low-key Valentine's Day. I ventured into the world of dairy for one special meal. We made steak, twice baked potatoes, roasted asparagus with a balsamic reduction, and Nutella moose. We watched a movie on a pallet in the living room after putting Jack down for the night. It was perfection to just keep it absolutely simple.

I also made the same lingerie sugar cookies as last year, and delivered them to Gordy and his friends at school earlier in the day.

Gordy had a little surprise of his own up his sleeve for me. I told me that he bought me a new iron for Valentine's Day. Not the most romantic gift in the world, but a practical, and much needed gift. On the iron box was written "because I know you like it hot". I opened it up and inside I found the best gift ever! Gordy placed a voucher inside the box for a hot air balloon ride and factory tour for two. Suddenly Gordy's caption was extra funny. My heart was beating so fast. Riding on a hot air balloon has ALWAYS been on my bucket list.

I can't wait to go for our ride in a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment