Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter


My parents came for a long weekend visit over Easter weekend. It was so nice to have them here. Jack loved it most of all. He wouldn't let his Gramma walk two feet away from him without yelling "where are youuuuuuu?" or " I neeeeeed youuuuuuu".


As always, Gramma and Grandpa came bearing gifts. My mom made a really cute dinosaur tail for Jack and my dad made a miniature rocking chair. He instantly knew what to do with the rocking chair and he loves it. He sits in it every day with the biggest smile on his face.





Gramma and Grandpa also got Jack a wagon while they were here. Jack insists on going on daily "wagoo" rides now.


It was so fun to have them here. He absolutely loves playing with them.


While they were here, we went to an Easter egg hunt at our apartment complex. Jack actually caught on fairly quickly to the whole concept of finding an egg, putting it in his basket, then looking for another egg. He was really quite darling. I had to be a mother hen and protect Jack from some overly ambitious nine year olds who were waiting to swoop in on Jack's loot.























As we were leaving the egg hunt, I was stomping my feet on the side walk to remove all of the freshly cut wet grass from my shoes, and I totally and completely biffed it. I mean, it was embarrassing. It was one of those falls (on concrete steps, mind you) where you fall all the way down on your hands and knees, and then I ever so gracefully rolled over onto my side. It was probably the most embarrassing fall of my lifetime, to date. I mean, who the heck rolls when they fall? Me, I guess. Anywho, I got a pretty wicked scrape on my knee. I forgot how badly those hurt. I swear the last time I had a scraped knee I was ten years old. Plus, it's taking FOREVER to heal because I always have to bend down on the ground with Jack and every time I bend, my scrape opens back up again. It's disgusting.

But, enough about that. We had a wonderful pre-Easter dinner with my parents on Saturday evening because they were leaving early Sunday morning. There was so much food that we were able to make three more meals out of it. Lovely.

Jack looked super cute in his new church duds on Easter Sunday...







1 comment: