Saturday, September 8, 2012

Back to Bloomington

On August 4th, we picked up our UHaul and loaded up our belongings. It was quite a feat for Gordy to undertake because he was pretty much doing everything on his own... moving boxes, dishes, and a few pieces of furniture out into the hallway, to the elevator, through the lobby, and onto a moving truck.... Guess that's what happens when you move and your wifey is 9 months pregnant. 

Anyway, we went straight from our apartment, with the truck loaded, to the airport to pick up my parents. We were so glad to see them, and it was so incredible to have their help with Jack and unloading the truck. 

On Sunday, my parents and Gordy left Bloomington. Gord had to go back to Fort Wayne to finish up his last week at Carson Boxberger, and I needed to be in Bloomington so I could be close to my OB/GYN in case I went into early labor. Unlikely, I know, but still..

It is such a good feeling to be back with our friends, our law school family. Jack really missed his little buddies. 


Jack likes to admire himself in the mirror, and I don't blame him. He is rather dashing in that little tie.




Back to nursery with his best pal, Ethan. Man, these two are so funny when they get together. They both think that they are HILARIOUS and they spend their entire play dates screaming and giggling and running around like the crazy little men they are...


On Wednesday, I had my 37 week check up. At that point I was only 1 cm dilated, and my doc was still giving me the option to choose an induction, if that was what we wanted. I was still pretty conflicted about whether to be induced or not. I really wanted to know what it was like to go into labor on my own, but on the other hand, I didn't want to go into labor naturally and not have enough time to get to the hospital and deliver on my bathroom floor or in the car or some place weird.

So anywho, I told the doc that I wanted to think about it for another week, and I would let him know what Gordy and I decided to do at my next check up the following week.

The very next day, Jack and I went to the park, and spent a couple of hours at the pool. I think I over did myself because I went into false labor (mind you, I was doing all of this on my own, because at this point, Gordy still hadn't finished his internship and made it back to Bloomington). I was having Braxton Hicks every 3 minutes or so for about two hours... The contractions weren't getting more intense or anything, so I wasn't too worried about being in actual real labor. But, the experience did make me realize that it was way more important to me to have everything planned and prepared with a scheduled induction than to go into labor on my own. After all, I was having these contractions at 11 p.m. with no husband and no one to watch Jack if I actually WAS in labor.

That experience really lit a fire under me, and the next day I went out and bought every last thing I could think of that we would need for a new baby... you know nursing pads, and new born diapers... that kind of thing.

Gordy made it home a few days later, and man, oh man were we glad to see him! For the next few days we just spent some quality time together before little man numero dos was born. You know, quality time... like having to put your kid in a wrestling hold just so you can brush his teeth? haha



... and of course LOTS of pool time. I missed our pool, oh so very much over the summer... Don't you love Gord's artistic shot?



... and Jack did a lot of testing out of the baby equipment to make sure it was safe for his new brother.


We were so, so glad to be back home, with our things, in our apartment, with our friends, awaiting the birth of our little baby!

1 comment:

  1. haha! this is EXACTLY what I look like brushing Holden's teeth- we got Tom's strawberry toothpaste..its helped..a little...kid still acts like hes possessed...

    ReplyDelete