Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Four Year Anniversary




On August 29th we celebrated our FOUR year anniversary! Crazy, eh? It's hard to believe that in four short years we've gone from this...


... to this

I mean, we've literally doubled the size of our family in four years. Dear readers, this does not mean that by the time we celebrate our 8th anniversary we will be a family of 8. Aside from that being like physically impossible, it would just be crazy insane. 

Since we had a two week old, and Gordy was getting back to school (yay for starting the LAST YEAR OF LAW SCHOOL), we had a really chill anniversary. We started the day off with a nice walk as a family. Later, the boys and I met up with Gordy for lunch at Feast Cafe. Lunch was delish and I wish that I would have taken the time to take the camera out of the diaper bag. 


Later that night, we watched part of the Hunger Games movie. Notice that I said "part"? That's really how you know you have a newborn in your house, when you can't even stay awake for an entire movie. Sleep becomes more important than almost anything else in the world. Such is life right now.

It was a wonderful, low key anniversary. I was so glad that I got to spend the day with my three best guys and celebrate the wonderful life we have together. 

I'm so lucky that four years ago, Gordy saw something (who knows what that something even was) in me that made him think he could spend forever with me. I would be untruthful if I said every minute of our marriage has been wedded bliss, we've definitely seen our fair share of hard times, but I can not imagine a better person to hold my hand through it all. 

Four years. It's a drop in the bucket to all of the years we have left to spend together, but yet so much has happened in that time frame, it's difficult to remember what life was like before Gordy. 

Here's to more years of laughter, watching our kids grow, morning walks, crossing items off of our bucket lists, you trying to convince me to clean out my dresser drawers and actually stick to a budget, and me going behind you and shutting all of the cabinets every time you go in the kitchen. Here's to facing our scariest and saddest moments together. Here's to forever with my best friend, the smartest, funniest, hardest working, best looking, most helpful man I have ever met. 

Thanks for the happiest four years of my life. I love you, Gord. 


1 comment: