Monday, September 10, 2012

Jack and Charlie's Nursery

I finally finished up the boy's nursery... and if any of you (assuming I have any followers) were wondering why I didn't keep up with my blog this summer, it's because I was busy sewing. 

I sewed like a crazy lady this summer, and it about drove Gordy crazy. I don't know, I just caught a sewing bug I guess... or I was nesting. I ended up sewing two (have to do multiples so no one felt left out) of the big quilts that are on the foot of the bed, two smaller crib sized quilts (one of them is on the crib and the other is draped over the glider), the curtains, four toss pillows, the bed skirt, a crib skirt, recovered a bumper pad, and sewed a blanket cover for the car seat to keep the wind out. Not to mention I made the art work over the crib, the alphabet wall over the bed, and the ruler for measuring our boys' growth. See, I told you, crazy lady status. 

Anyway, I wanted the boy's room to be black and white with blue and apple green accents. I was thinking bold, people. Lots of bold colors and graphic prints. I was a little nervous because I was making all of the stuff in Fort Wayne, so I couldn't see how it all looked together until it was all finished and we moved back to our apartment in Bloomington. I just had to take lots of deep breaths and cross my fingers that it would all look okay together, and I think it came out pretty great (not to toot my own horn or anything). 

Without further adieu, ladies and gentlemen, here it is... 



My dad's childhood sock monkey that Jack absolutely ADORES. He has a special, up high place to reside because I want him to last...



The crib... To all of you interior decorator types out there, I know that these are hung too high... I'm just paranoid about Jack pulling stuff into his crib, so up high they went. And just looking at the picture, they don't look it, but they actually are centered above the crib. Don't you worry about that.




.. and here is my biggest little guy playing hide and go seek with the camera, because let's face it, to have the room clean enough to take pictures of AND not have a child playing at my feet while trying to take pictures would be wishful thinking.



1 comment:

  1. I love their room! I had no idea you sew. Awesome job! The quilts are my favorite. I think you just motivated me to dig my machine out of my closet. :) Love yall!

    ReplyDelete