Monday, September 17, 2012

Charlie 1 Month


Our little Charlie boy is ONE MONTH OLD! So crazy. I remember when Jack was 1 month old, I didn't even have the energy to stand up and take one single picture of him... luckily Gordy was around and he did it for me that month.


Anyway, I'm just amazed at how differently I feel this go round. Most days I have so much more energy than I ever expected I would have. Blessings from above, I'm sure.


Charlie is doing great. He still has a little bit of jaundice, which the pediatrician seems to think is just from nursing. It should go away on its own, but there is really no time frame for when it should disappear. So for now, we watch his little yellow eyes and skin and wait.

He is a world class champion eater. Yesterday, we weighed in at 9lbs 4 oz. When we left the hospital after he was born he weighed only 6 lbs 11oz, so I'd say he's doing pretty well in the weight gaining department. Plus he's still eating about every two hours, so I'd say that helps a lot.


I think our Charlie boy is going to be very advanced. He has already smiled at me a few times and he likes to try to hold his head up by himself when I put him on my shoulder.


Charlie has the sweetest personality. He is a very good baby, and he rarely ever cries. When he is awake, he just calmly looks around and observes everything. He's very observant.

Charlie is a grunter. Man, oh, man does this kid like to grunt... He especially likes to grunt when we are trying to sleep. Silly boy.


He is a pretty good sleeper. In fact, I would say that so far, we've only had probably two nights that weren't so great, and even those weren't that bad... This is where I knock on wood, because I know as soon as I say that he is going to start being awake at night... haha.

He's also a spit-upper. This has probably been the thing that has surprised me most about him. The entire time Jack was an infant, I can remember using a burp cloth like 10 times maybe, and after the first few weeks, I never even bothered to burp him because he never would... Charlie on the other hand, has to burp like every 5 seconds it seems, and we go through all of our burp cloths every other day. It's a pretty stark contrast to his older brother. You could say that both Charlie and I get to go through many a wardrobe change in one day...


Charlie has already had an eye infection (either strepp or staph the doctor wasn't sure). He said it was probably something on someone's hands when they touched Charlie's face. One of the many perks of having a two year old brother in your face all of the time... Anyway, it caused this weird nodule bump thing to form on the side of his nose by his tear duct and his eye to get all crusty and gross. It was probably just the tear duct being clogged up that caused the bump. The doctor prescribed some ointment and his eye cleared up right away. Now we can say that we have already over come his first ailment.

Charlie's skin is peeling and he is just now starting in on the baby acne stage... So long beautiful new born skin, hope to see you again soon.


He also has really long toes. Like really long. We have no idea where he inherited this trait since both of his parents have short, stubby toes. It's a mystery. He also has skinny little legs. He is just the cutest ever.


I think his eyes are going to be the same blue-ish color as Gordy and Jack's eyes. They are starting to transition from that steel grey looking color to more of a blue. Lucky boys with gorgeous eyes.


Charlie loves to be outside.

... and this is when he decided to punch his monkey in the face. Sorry, monkey. 


This past month as a family of four has been challenging and rewarding. We all love Charlie so, so much. It is already hard to remember a time when we didn't have him in our family. What a blessed month we have had with the newest member of our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment